The intersection of human health and human movement is a public place where:
- Health professionals respond to illnesses related to inactivity,
- Land Use and Transportation planners consider connectivity for walking and bicycling in the context of community health. And,
- Communities fight to attract the very brightest and talented by creating a sense of place with streets and plazas that encourage visitors and residents to linger, walk, or ride a bike to their destination.
- Aren’t we all rediscovering our feet?
- Come explore developments in Active Healthy Communities.
- Consider how Active Transportation brings your community health and wellness benefits and find the economic and social rewards that come from making the place you call home, a livable, walkable community.
The science is clear.
Getting active improves your health, and quality of life. People all over the world are choosing to get active–one step at a time–one trip at a time.
GET ACTIVE Today!